The mission for Colorado’s Division for Developmental Disabilities is to join with others to offer the necessary supports with which all people with developmental disabilities have their rightful chance to:
- Be included in Colorado community life.
- Make increasingly responsible choices.
- Exert greater control over their life circumstances.
- Establish and maintain relationships and a sense of belonging.
- Develop and exercise their competencies and talents.
- Experience personal security and self-respect.
Every Coloradan with a developmental disability will:
- Be provided assurances for his/her health and safety;
- Receive needed resources that represent a blend of private and public dollars;
- Receive effective and efficient services and supports;
- Have a service system that is easy to access and understand;
- Have a service system that values and realizes meaningful collaboration;
- Be provided the opportunity to be gainfully employed,
- Have access to a system that exemplifies inclusive practices; and Be provided the opportunity to make informed choices about his/her life.